Welcome to the Tigress Forums.

If you havent registered, on the top of the forums there is a register page which you can login to the forums,
If you aren't registered you wont be able to see half of the content registered users see.

If you are registered, please login via the "LOGIN" button above Smile

ps. If you have registered, log in so you don't lose any progress.

Adding a small thing to all the Ranks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adding a small thing to all the Ranks

Post by mrfoxtrotgaming on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:11 pm

I was having a thought, I always hate it when the server is full and so like a gamemode I played on minecraft when the server is full you can join it when are a rank of some sort. This came really in handy and I don't know how it works but I am sure Peter is a much smarter guy when it comes to servers on GMOD. I am sure it will up the amount of donations because I complain at least once a day about the server being full on TG. 

Either that or get some more slots Smile not trying to demand it just saying or don't i don't really mind haha just a thought.
- Cheers GI House formerly known as GI James
mrfoxtrotgaming

Back to top Go down

Re: Adding a small thing to all the Ranks

Post by Nice Car M8 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Not sure if it is such a good idea, there are several reasons why a server has a smaller limit, which includes things such as the fact that admins can not monitor as well as they can if there is a lower number, it is quite often that a server with a very high limit becomes bad due to not being able to be at 50 places at once, also the more people there are on the server, the more lag is produced, therefore the experience isn't as enjoyable. Tigress gaming has a good amount of slots as it can fit enough people to make it very entertaining, while being able to keep everything running smooth.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nice Car M8

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfoxtrotgaming on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:16 pm

Okay good as I was just seeing if people wanted too.
mrfoxtrotgaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Koots on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:17 pm

Couldn't have said it better Justin

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Koots

Back to top Go down

Post by Havora on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:06 pm

Its basically reserved slots.

That didnt work out as well as I thought it would, we had it for awhile and then it started glitching out. I dont think its a good idea.
Havora

Back to top Go down

Post by Justinn on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:57 pm

Basically here is what happens

More slots = More rule breakers, more lag, a larger community

Rule breakers can be sorted by hiring more staff, but lately (who am I to say) staff members have been hired and then demoted due to abuse which also brings another risk.

More people means more lag and that can be sorted with a better host when upgrading slots, right now as I can recall from what I've heard the hosting company TG is using right now is at max slots. If there was to be a upgrade from server hosting it would cost more money which requires more donations. 

TLDR Basically upgrading slots is a big risk because the server's hosting company is at max which means we have to upgrade hosting companies, filling those slots and then hiring more staff members to control the server e.g at around 6-10 PM on Friday nights when the server is 32/32.
Justinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum