Welcome to the Tigress Forums.

If you havent registered, on the top of the forums there is a register page which you can login to the forums,
If you aren't registered you wont be able to see half of the content registered users see.

If you are registered, please login via the "LOGIN" button above Smile

ps. If you have registered, log in so you don't lose any progress.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Level for different roles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sir Charls Edward

PostSubject: Level for different roles   Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:20 pm

This will keep people playing and want to play.What if you guys make it so when you first join the server you are LvL 1 witch you can be a doc cit and hobo and playing for a certain time gives you xp to level and and for more roles gun dealer lvl 5 ect.. or make it so you do your role like a doctor heals people he gets xp for that you gain xp
Back to top Go down
Micro10

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:40 pm

NO! NEVER NEVER that would make it like a MMO or a RPG would be so annoying!!!!!!! What if i wanted to be a doctor? but i gotta be lvl 8 or something that would be stupid (Would make it a MMO or even a mobile game in some ways.)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Said by the wise and slightly crazed words of Anthony House.
Owner of House Radio
Back to top Go down
katooosha

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:22 pm

DarkRP is something where you choose what you want to be, not what you're limited to. Having required levels for certain jobs ruins the whole point of DarkRP.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
https://niceme.me/
Koots

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:14 pm

I do like the level system, I believe it gives players something to work towards. If people aren't into it being for jobs maybe weapons?

Back to top Go down
Nice Car M8

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:35 pm

It is partially a good idea, I think it would be good if maybe things such as mayor was for higher levels, and not for people who have only been on the server 18 minutes! (I am specifically saying 18 minutes because I saw someone with this limited time, and had to teach him how to create the law board, make new laws, etc.) Also, it would be a good idea that everything else stayed the same, but new jobs were introduced following this system.

Back to top Go down
Havora

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:59 pm

Since our server is a Serious Role-play server its based on like 50 percent of real life situations/jobs. Now you don't see people gaining xp to get a job in real life nor do you see them just click a button to get a job. But XP is unrealistic for this server, maybe for Semi Serious. I understand that people just join and take on big role jobs such as Mayor and either don't know how to handle law boards etc or just abuse in the first place.

Maybe make it so when you first join you can't become those big jobs, maybe Citizen & some decent jobs that are fun like Thief. Donators won't experience this though.
Back to top Go down
Justinn

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:14 pm

The idea of it sounds really cool. It could work like this:

Level 1 (0 XP Default): Doctor, Citizen, Drug Dealer, Bartender, Wire Technician 

Level 5 (5,000 XP): Hitman, Security Guard, Hobo

Level 10 (10,000 XP): Gun dealer, Police Officer, Thief, Triad Member, Mafia Member, DRF Colonel 

Level 15 (15,000 XP): Town Creep

Level 20 (20,000 XP): Police Chief, Triad Leader, Undercover Police, The Godfather, DRF General (DONATORS: S.W.A.T, S.W.A.T Sniper, Black Market Dealer) 

Level 25 (25,000 XP): Mayor's Bodyguard, Mayor (DONATORS: Super Thief, Radio Host, Assassin)

You gain XP buy how many hours/days you get on the server, the more you play the more you level. And you can also get XP by healing people, selling products to people, completing hits etc. E.g 500XP for healing someone at level 1 and the XP earned decays over time. Every time you level up you still have the jobs from previous levels and jobs introduced.
Many people may not agree with the idea, but I like it a fair bit and that's my suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Koots

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:25 pm

^^^^^^^^^^

Back to top Go down
Sir Charls Edward

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:47 pm

Justin That's is what I was saying you just made it clean ahah but yer it would make people work toward something and limit trolls

Back to top Go down
Micro10

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:53 pm

It would limit trolls but it would also make good people leave, AFK people, People jumping off roofs to heal, People Spamming shipments ext.

Owner of House Radio
Back to top Go down
Nice Car M8

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:40 pm

@Justinn wrote:
The idea of it sounds really cool. It could work like this:

Level 1 (0 XP Default): Doctor, Citizen, Drug Dealer, Bartender, Wire Technician 

Level 5 (5,000 XP): Hitman, Security Guard, Hobo

Level 10 (10,000 XP): Gun dealer, Police Officer, Thief, Triad Member, Mafia Member, DRF Colonel 

Level 15 (15,000 XP): Town Creep

Level 20 (20,000 XP): Police Chief, Triad Leader, Undercover Police, The Godfather, DRF General (DONATORS: S.W.A.T, S.W.A.T Sniper, Black Market Dealer) 

Level 25 (25,000 XP): Mayor's Bodyguard, Mayor (DONATORS: Super Thief, Radio Host, Assassin)

You gain XP buy how many hours/days you get on the server, the more you play the more you level. And you can also get XP by healing people, selling products to people, completing hits etc. E.g 500XP for healing someone at level 1 and the XP earned decays over time. Every time you level up you still have the jobs from previous levels and jobs introduced.
Many people may not agree with the idea, but I like it a fair bit and that's my suggestion.
Why is hobo level 5, and town creep level 15, they get no salary....
Back to top Go down
Dyoh

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:44 pm

Troll classes, i like the idea of leveling but not the jobs thing, maybe leveling increases health by like 2 and salary like $5 on everyjob every 5 levels? Wouldnt be as op but would help abit
Back to top Go down
katooosha

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:46 pm

@Dyoh wrote:
Troll classes, i like the idea of leveling but not the jobs thing, maybe leveling increases health by like 2 and salary like $5 on everyjob every 5 levels? Wouldnt be as op but would help abit

I think the salary thing is a really good idea

Back to top Go down
https://niceme.me/
Micro10

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:47 pm

I like that idea extra money or something or even extra printer money or cheaper shipments?

Owner of House Radio
Back to top Go down
Nice Car M8

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:48 pm

@Dyoh wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Back to top Go down
Deod

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:11 am

Theres one thing wrong with Justinns idea, they would have to reset the utime for everyone.

Back to top Go down
Micro10

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:55 am

Or we just don't do lvl? Razz  Could have people falling of ledges then healing themselves as doctor to get their fav job, Spamming the buy shipments etc.

Owner of House Radio
Back to top Go down
Costava

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:32 pm

but we should have something to help prevent new people who don't know what they are doing taking up jobs like gang leaders and mayor
Back to top Go down
Dyoh

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:29 pm

^ Yes, ive also been talking to Nathan about adding a Automatic Respected thing for people to use stacker so people who join the server instantly don't just hide somewhere and stack stuff and unfreeze to crash server. But yeah add a restriction to like a utime based thing to restrict jobs for players for a certain time
Back to top Go down
Eclispse

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:32 am

I agree with what justinn said it could work for the server but not everyone will like the idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Level for different roles   

Back to top Go down

Level for different roles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Tigress Gaming :: Suggestions-
Jump to: